Former Northport Range Light
The Former Northport Back Range Light has now been transformed into a private home. The lighthouse is the central part of a house over looking the Northport Harbour. The owners have retained the wooden lantern and lantern deck which is supported by metal brackets. They have maintained the shed dormers over the windows. The whole dwelling is covered with grey siding and white trim.
- Status: Decommissioned / Private
- Date Built: 1897
- Tower height: 6.7m, 22'
When it was built in 1897, the Former Northport Back Range Light was a 22-foot open-framed wooden tower with a square wooden lantern. The side facing the channel was slatted to make it more conspicuous. It was painted white and displayed a fixed red light, visible three miles. In 1903, the tower was enclosed
In 1962, a new front range light was installed and the structure formerly used for the front light took the place of the back tower. The former back range was sold and moved a short distance.
This light has been incorporated into a private home in Alberton where it still overlooks the the beautiful waters of Cascumpec Bay.
1885–1897 - John Mountain
1897–1912 - William Champion
1912–1914 - B. Mountain
1914–19?? - W. A. Smith