Annandale Front Range
Annandale Front Range Light - This range light is a small white wooden tower clad in shingles. It has no lantern. The navigation light is displayed through a small window near the top of the red vertical daymark on the seaward side. The pediments over the window and door have a decorative gingerbread design.
Points East Coastal Drive - Travel on highway #4 northward to route #310 at Dundas Corner. Follow Route #310, approx. 10 km to Annandale Wharf Road. This range front light is at the entrance to the harbour. It is on private property.
Located on Banks Point on Boughton Bay.
GPS Coordinates: 46 15 32.9 N , 62 25 19.9 W on Banks Point
- Status: Active
- FHBRO Number: 90-282
- LOL number: 949
- Date Built: 1990
- Electrification and De-staffing Dates: It was electrified and never staffed.
- Nominal Range: 15 NAUTICAL MILES
- Focal Height: 9.6m, 31'5"
- Light: White light ISO, Equal interval flash
- Flash Pattern: Flash 1 second Eclipse 1 second
- Tower height: 5.2m, 16'4"
The present range light was built in 1990 to replace the 1898 structure.
1898-1912 - Alfred Robertson
1912-1922 - James Norton
1922-19?? - A. Robertson
Current Owners/ Operators:
Government of Canada. This is one of several lighthouses on PEI that had no petition filed for ownership.