Port Borden Back Range Light
The 12.8m (42 feet) tall pyramidal wooden tower has a broad base and steeply-sloped sides. The narrow gallery is super imposed on the tower. It surrounded by a metal railing and is supported on iron brackets. The light shone through the seaward window of the wooden lantern. The shingled tower has a shed dormer window and door with no decorative details.
Red Sands Shore Drive - Exit Highway 1 in Borden-Carleton at the Gateway Village and follow Borden Avenue south to the Marine Rail Historic Park, where you will find the Port Borden Rear Light.
GPS Coordinates: 46 15 00.4N 63 41 41.4W
- Status: Decommissioned
- GPS Coordinates:
- FHBRO Number: 90-121
- LOL number: 1017
- Date Built: 1917
- Electrification and De-staffing Dates: Decommissioned in June 1997.
- Focal Height: 23.2m, 76' 1"
- Light: was fixed yellow
- Tower height: 11.6m, 38'
Built in 1917, the range light overlooks the Northumberland Strait and Borden Harbour on the south shore of Prince Edward Island.
It was relocated in 1923 and 1954-55. This range light was decommissioned in June 1997 when the Confederation Bridge was opened.
It was moved to the base of Confederation Bridge and is part of the Marine Rail Park.
W. Carruthers was the first light keeper of both range lights.
Current Owners/ Operators:
The town of Bordon - Carleton now owns this range light.